Drupal has become a leading platform for managing web-based content. It can be used to deliver your corporate website, as a support and FAQ portal, or virtually anything else you can dream of. More and more companies, including many large enterprises in the Fortune 500, are using Drupal to present and manage their web-based content.
But what if you’re a company who needs to serve audiences who speak different languages?
Some popular Drupal modules can help you serve content in the language preferred by your site visitors. Unfortunately, Drupal does not offer any way to efficiently manage the process of translation for even a small amount of content. Drupal customers often have to copy and paste their source content into a document they send to their translation vendors, and then copy and paste all the translated materials back into Drupal. The sheer time and error-prone nature of this makes translating Drupal content painful at best, impossible at worst.
Cloudwords, using its best-in-industry integration knowledge and API, has made translating Drupal easier.
HOW IT WORKS
Through the Cloudwords for Drupal module, you will:
- Pick what Drupal pages, nodes, menu items, etc. you want to send out for translation
- Sync that content to Cloudwords and route it to the translation vendor(s) of your choice
- Sync the translated content back into Drupal once your translation vendor has delivered the translated content into Cloudwords
- Let our module automatically detect new and outdated translations that require your attention
Since the Cloudwords for Drupal module manages your translation process via Cloudwords, you enjoy all the standard Cloudwords benefits:
- Time-saving project management and workflow
- Vendor management
- Cost-saving benefits of centralized Translation Memory, and more.
Cloudwords also sends your Drupal content to translation vendors via XLIFF, a translation industry XML standard that helps simplify the process to drive down translation costs and time.
Below are two videos to help introduce you and a guide on how to create and manage multilingual content with Drupal 7 and Cloudwords.
Introduction and Marking Content for Translation
This video is a short introduction to the Drupal Integration along with a demo on how to mark content for translation within Drupal 7.
Creating and Managing a Translation Project
This video a tutorial for those who want to know how to send content to translation, export content for translation, and import translated content back into Drupal