- If you are a customer that creates translation projects, you can see a short video where we explain the UI changes included in this release.
- If you are a vendor that sells translation services, check this short video with the new UI changes included in this release.
After a couple of months dedicating our releases to backend, architecture and some fun with our API development, we are pleased to announce a new Cloudwords release that includes great interface enhancements and new features.
Here are the main features and enhancements that are part of this release, internally code-named as Mauna Loa:
- New project pages interface: Fundamentally, all sections of a project are now displayed as a vertical menu on the left of the page – providing a direct access to all information with just one click.
- New Home tab modules:
- Latest activity: Users can now see the latest actions performed on the projects they follow, and check who did what, on which project, and when.
- Open Projects Status: Users can see a graphic representing the status of their open projects, and quickly access them.
- New Project Manager Role: Customers on the Cloudwords Professional Edition can now assign the project manager role to any of their users.
- Increased the character limit for messages and bid description to 3,500 characters (I know of at least three vendors that will be very happy about this).
- Enhancements to the way results are displayed on the directory when using source and target language filters.
- Revision requests and Change Orders pages now display the full history of all revisions or change orders submitted on a project (both open and completed ones).
- Minor fixes and enhancements that will make our users’ life easier, at least with respect to their use of Cloudwords.
As always, we would like to thank all the users that have sent their feedback through the Cloudwords Feedback Forum, or directly through phone calls and email exchanges with the Cloudwords team. Thanks our users' contribution, we will be able to continue building a great application that helps making the overall translation process more efficient.