Projects contain several dates that you need to determine:
- Bid Due Date is the date by when you want to have all bids submitted by the vendors. This is the deadline you are establishing for the vendors to submit their quotes for your project.
- Delivery Due Date is the day when you want the selected vendor to deliver all project translations.
- Review Deadline is the day when you want your reviewers to have finished their review work in the translations delivered by the vendor.
After you have set up those dates, we automatically display an additional Bid Selection Deadline at the Project Overview page. This new deadline is the latest day by which you must have selected one of the vendor's bids to start the translations. The method Cloudwords uses to set this date is simple: divide the time difference between the Delivery Due Date and the Bid Due Date by four, allocating a minimum of 3/4 (75%) of this difference for the translations, giving you up to 1/4 of the time to analyze the received bids and choose the vendor for the project.
- You choose 07/20/2010 as the Bid Due Date for vendors to submit their bids to you.
- You choose 08/10/2010 as your Delivery Due Date, project deadline.
Since the time difference between these two dates is 21 days, the Bid Selection Deadline will be 5.25 days after the date limit to receive the bids: 07/25/2010.
Important: Please note that customers will be able to select the winning bid for their project at any time after an initial wait period of 24 hours (from the moment the customer requested the bids for their project), even if not all vendors have submitted their quote. This 24 hours waiting period is established to provide all vendors the opportunity to submit their bids.
Note on Rush Projects: If you need to receive your translations in a matter of hours, you need to request Cloudwords to activate the ability for you to set Rush Project's deadlines. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.