On Cloudwords, customers have the ability to auto-approve a bid for a project that is being submitted to a preferred vendor.
This feature is based on a per-user permission, which means that the administrator of the account has the ability to grant certain users the necessary rights to auto-approve bids submitted by a preferred vendor to projects they create. This feature is only available if the bid for a project was requested from only one preferred vendor.
Users that have been granted the permission to auto-approve bids from preferred vendors will have the option to use the feature every time they create a new project or when submitting a change order for an ongoing project.
Note that this feature should be used with extreme care, since the submitted bid will be automatically selected and approved, which means that you (or your company) will be accepting the quote without previously analyzing it.
Granting a user the right to automatically approve a bid from a preferred vendor
- Click the Settings link on top of any page and select the User Management option.
- On the User Management settings page, click on the name of the user you want to grant permission to auto-approve the bid from a preferred vendor when creating a project.
- On the user account information, click on the Preferences tab displayed on the left.
- On the Preferences page, click Edit. You will see an option "Bid Auto-Approval: Can choose to automatically approve a bid from a preferred vendor." Check the box for this option if you want this user to have the option to automatically approve a bid from a preferred vendor when creating a project. Leave the box unchecked if you do not want this user to have the ability to automatically approve a bid.
User creating a project or a change order: Auto-approving a bid from a preferred vendor
Once a user has been granted permission to auto-approve a bid from a preferred vendor, they will see, when creating a project or a change order, the option to automatically approve the quote submitted by the vendor.
On the bid options step of the project creation wizard, the user will have the option to check the box under the section named "Automatically Approve Bid?". If the user checks the box for this option, then the bid submitted by the preferred vendor will be automatically approved, no matter the value of that bid.
- The option to automatically approve the bid is only available when the bid for a project is requested from only one preferred vendor.
- Only users that can create projects on Cloudwords (Administrators and Project Managers) can be granted permission to auto-approve bids.
- Once a bid has been automatically approved, the vendor who submitted it will be notified to start the translations as soon as possible.