Cloudwords allows customers of a Professional Edition account to create custom tasks on their projects, and collaborate with internal users and/or the vendor to complete them.
To create a custom task for a project:
- Go to the project page. Access it from the Home or the Projects tabs.
- Go to the Tasks tab of the project by clicking the tab on the left hand side of the page.
- On the Tasks tab, click the Create Custom Task button.
- On the Create Custom Task page, enter the relevant information:
* Task Name
* Assignee: Define who is in charge of completing the task
* Language and Attachments: Indicate if the task is related to a particular language. Note that the list of available languages displays only the ones included in the project to which the custom task belongs to. You can also attach a file to the task, if necessary.
* Task Dates: Define the task start and due dates.
* Followers: Add users who you want to be notified via email every time there is a new comment to this task.
Task Followers & Notifications
Users that need or want to be notified via email about updates or new comments on a task can be added to it as "followers". There are two ways of adding users to the notification list of a task:
1) When creating a task, the user setting it up has the option to add people to the list of people that will receive the notifications.
2) When someone is adding a new comment to a task, they will also have the option to add someone else to the list of people being notified via email. This is a great way to add someone that was not being notified and whose comments are important in order to complete the task.
Note: Users that are not following a certain task will still be able to see it on the Project's Overview tab and on their Home tab's Activity Feed. Users that are following a task will receive an email every time there is a new comment on it.
Custom Tasks and Collaboration: A Few Examples
The ability to create custom tasks enhances and increases the possibilities of users collaborating, either internally or with the vendor, to complete their translation project successfully. Thanks to the task management features on Cloudwords, many users have been able to stop using email, FTP or file-sharing sites and other project management tools. Here are some examples of custom tasks:
- A project manager created a custom task "Provide Purchase Order number for Project", and assigned it to a colleague from their own Company financial team. Thanks to the ability to define a due date for the task, and to the Alerts functionality on Cloudwords, the project manager was able to track the status of this task, and got the purchase order number before the deadline.
- After the vendor delivered the first batch of translations for a project, the project owner created a custom task "Review the Japanese translations" and assigned it to an internal reviewer that works from their Company's Tokyo office. Thanks to the collaboration and communication tools offered by Cloudwords, the project owner and the reviewer were able to easily and efficiently communicate and complete the translations review by the desired date.
- During a project that included multiple languages, files and teams over the span of three months, the project owner created, in multiple occasions, custom tasks that were assigned to the vendor, allowing both parties to collaborate around very specific subjects that needed to be well coordinated among all users working on the project. These custom tasks included collaborating with the vendor to refine localized screenshots and updating the Company's glossary.