This document provides the overview functional steps for the connector between SDL Tridion and Cloudwords
The connector was developed and tested with SDL Tridion 2013 SP1 HR1 (18.104.22.168).
- In SDL Tridion, user access the Content Manager Explorer (CME) and select the following items and choose Export command from Cloudwords ribbon toolbar or the context menu:
- Components - Linked components will be included based on link level configuration.
- Page(s) - All embedded components for selected pages will be included
- Folder(s) - All components in selected folder and child folders will be included
- Category - All keywords will be included
- Structure Group(s) - All pages in selected structure group and child structure groups will be included
- Export command will compress all included items to a source zip package(s)
- In Cloudwords, user can setup and manage projects for respective languages
- User upload the source zip package(s) source file for respective languages
- Based on the project, the translation workflow process will notify respective translation vendor(s)
- Once translation is completed by translation vendor(s), user will be notified on the translated zip package(s)
- User can upload the translated zip package(s) into SDL Tridion via the Import command on the Cloudwords ribbon toolbar
The GUI extension enables users to exclude specific fields for translation. By default, all text or embedded fields will be included for translation unless either of the following options is checked:
- Exclude from Translation
- Values will be Selected from a List
3.1. Exclude from Translation
The Exclude from translation checkbox option is now available in schema for content and metadata fields. For an embedded schema, the same rule applies. Nested embedded schemas are also taken into account. As specified in the Source tab, the tcm:ExtensionXml element is included where Cloudwords:exclude will be set to true for any excluded field.
If the option of Values will be Selected from a List is checked for a text field, it will not be excluded from translation, regardless whether Exclude from translation is checked. This is due to scenarios where schemas already contained hardcoded list of values (e.g. Yes, No) or keyword values.
3.3. Translation of Keywords
For translation of keyword values used by components, users will need to send the respective category or keywords to be translated and localized in SDL Tridion before sending the components using the translated keywords.
4. User Interface
Under SDL Tridion interface, user can access the Cloudwords ribbon toolbar group.
Export option will be enabled for any of the following item type:
- Includes linked component(s) of component based on link level configuration.
- Includes child folder(s) and component(s)
- Include all keyword(s) under category
- Structure Group. Include child structure group(s) and page(s)
- Include all embedded component(s) and linked component(s) based on link level configuration.
User can also choose to use the Export option on selected item(s) from the context menu
Note that the exported package contains no folders but the XML files of exported items. Name of XML file uses the title of SDL Tridion item. For items with the same title, the TCM id (e.g. -40-52175-1024) will be appended to the file name of the subsequent item: -
All content fields of the components are included in the export XML file. If metadata is defined on the SDL Tridion item, it will be included as part of the export XML file.
SDL Tridion BluePrinting requires keywords to be localized in respective publications to allow the localized content using the referenced translated keywords to be saved. As such, it is recommended for editors to export respective categories and have the respective keywords translated before importing items referencing the translated keywords.
User can select the Import command from the ribbon toolbar without the need to be at a specific location context (e.g. publication, folder, structure group). The following popup window will appear: -
- Language – Select the target language for the import file. Contact your system administrator or Cloudwords team if there is a missing language.
- Select file to import – Choose the translated zip package provided by Cloudwords
- Number of files – Upon upload, the number and list of files will be updated
- Import – This will start the import process of the translated zip package for items in the target language publication
- Close – User should select this if he/she plans to cancel the import process
Before reaching out to Cloudwords team for support, it is advised to collect the necessary information for each process.
For export command, user is advised to access the browser console and copy the details. An example can be seen here from the Chrome browser console
If error is encountered for each item during the import process, it will appear in the import window. User should provide the following details to Cloudwords team: -
- Error details in Import Window
- Translated Zip Package