Cloudwords' integration with Marketo supports the translation of all varieties of tokens. When a token is found in an asset that is sent for translation, Cloudwords will clone that token for each target language and then automatically updates the token reference in the localized asset to point to the corresponding translated version.
Token types supported:
- Plain text tokens
- Rich text tokens
- Velocity script tokens (configurable through Settings/Marketo Integration)
- Local tokens
- Inherited/Ancestor tokens (configurable through Settings/Marketo Integration)
- tokens in landing pages
- tokens in emails
- tokens in landing page metadata fields
- HTML elements that use token values as attributes
The only exceptions where we do not extract content are instances that Marketo itself would not support:
- tokens in snippets (snippets are not tied to a specific program, whereas tokens are)
- tokens in any Design Studio document
- tokens hard-coded in templates
A note about shared tokens: in a project where tokens are used across multiple assets, Cloudwords will only grab the token value once. This prevents unnecessary and potentially conflicting versions of tokens from being created.
In the OneReview experience, reviewers will see the localized token values, but will only be able to edit in a single location. Again, this is done to prevent conflicting versions of the same token.