Cloudwords Connector provides an interface between two Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) and Cloudwords products. The connector functionality enables adding the content required for translation from AEM. The content can be pages, assets, assets metadata, tags, tags metadata and i18n dictionaries. These all content are present under an AEM project. Connector enables sending the project containing source content into Cloudwords. As soon as user logs into Cloudwords account the project is already created and the source files are uploaded into the project. Once the entire vendor selection and bidding process is completed, the translations are available in Cloudwords for review. The translated files are then imported into AEM and are available for review at AEM side.
- Cloudwords Account
- Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 installer
- Cloudwords Connector Package
Installation through Package Manager
Upload the connector package using AEM's Package Manager tool (http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/index.jsp). The package should upload successfully with no error messages.
User Management for InContext Preview
To enable InContext preview in source and target files and to add Project Description (known AEM issue) we have provided a system user - ‘cloudwords-user’ with the content package.
- Go to ‘AEM Security’ page by accessing ‘<host:port>/useradmin’ and search for ‘cloudwords-user’.
- Navigate to "/content/projects” path and provide access.
- Click on 'Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate' and click on 'Save' button.
Cloudwords Connector Configuration
Go to CloudServices configuration page(http://localhost:4502/etc/cloudservices/cloudwords-translation/cloud.html) and create Cloudwords Configuration using the provided template.
Same configuration page can also be reached by going to Tools page (http://localhost:4502/miscadmin#/etc/cloudservices/cloudwords-translation)
After entering correct Base Url and API key, click on 'Connect to Cloudwords' button. This will fetch the associated 'Departments' list.
Note: In case “Connect to Cloudwords” button is disabled, please click anywhere inside the dialog.
In case API key isn't correct then an alert error message is shown.
Translation Assets Configurations
- Number of objects (including pages, assets, metatadata, i18n, tags) to be translated can be configured in 'Translation Object Upload limit' textbox.
- Supported Asset MimeTypes can be entered in 'Asset Mimetypes' textbox. The asset types which should be supported needs to be added by clicking on '+' button. The configurations can be added in following format:
- Reference - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_type
Translation Connector Factory
- In Context Preview checkbox for enabling/disabling InContext preview feature.
- AEM/Custom Approach: Due to issues in AEM APIs currently by default 'Custom' approach is selected. Once the product issues are resolved the approach can b changed to 'AEM'.
- Temporary folder location needs to be configuration for storing temporary xliff and zip files. (this depends on the operating system like Windows or Linux and can vary as per the same)
- AEM base url, user id and password needs to be entered for HTML preview zip generation. (in case AEM is hosted on a different url, then this property needs to be updated)
- Cloudwords log level setting (for production environment this should be error but for local, stage etc, this can be set to Debug or Trace depending on space on the server)
Translation Service Polling Configuration
This configuration is used to schedule the translation frequency. Our recommendation would be to keep it to 5 minutes.
Following Scheduler Cron Value can be set for the same - 0 0/5 * * * ? *
Default value is set for 1 day.
Note :- In Order to update the translation project instantly without waiting for the Cron job, Go to the translation project Screen and refresh it.
Translation Rules Editor
For more detail, please refer to -