Cloudwords integration provides an interface between Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) and Cloudwords products. The integration functionality enables adding the content required for translation from AEM. The content can be pages, assets, assets metadata, tags, tags metadata and i18n dictionaries. These all content are present under an AEM project. The integration enables sending the project containing source content into Cloudwords. As soon as the user logs into Cloudwords account the project is already created and the source files are uploaded into the project. Once the entire vendor selection and bidding process are completed, the translations are available in Cloudwords for review. The translated files are then imported into AEM and are available for review at AEM side.
The scope of the document is to provide details on how to use Cloudwords integration Multiple target Language feature with AEM. This includes completing required configuration, Project creation at AEM, adding pages to the created Projects and sending it out for translation to Cloudwords.
- Cloudwords Account (Access to URL and API key)
- Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 installer
- Cloudwords integration Package installed
- Cloudwords integration Installation completed (Reference - Installation Guide)
- Page versioning feature should be enabled on AEM environment to restore the content whenever required
1) Navigate to AEM’s Configuration Manager either by accessing following URL: http://<hostname>:<port>/system/console/configMgr
Click on Top Navigation -> Tools -> Operations -> Web Console and then by clicking on Configuration
2) Go to http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr/com.hermease.translation.connector.core.services.impl.TranslationObjectConfigImpl
- Enable Multi Target Language Feature: In order to enable Multi target Language feature in Cloudwords integration, the checkbox should be enabled .By default this feature is disabled.
- Is LiveCopy used?: In case AEM's content structure is such that the Live Copy Source is required to be sent for translation and there is no need to use Language Copy feature provided by AEM, then the checkbox should be enabled. By default this feature is disabled.
Using Project Creation Wizard to create project
The project creation wizard provides an interface to create projects and add the pages required for translation.
1) Sign in to AEM home page and navigate to Project Creation Wizard by accessing URL: http://<host>:<port>/projects.html
Click on Top Navigation -> Projects, the project management interface can be accessed.
2) Click on Create -> Create Project.
3) Select ‘Translation Project’ and Click on ’Next'
4) Project Creation Interface opens which consists of Basic and Advanced tabs. Values can be added in both the tabs here are the details:
Basic Tab -
Due Date(optional) [No need to add any users in Users option]
Advanced Tab -
Name(required, automatically filled),
Translation Method(required, value should be Human for Cloudwords),
Translation Provider(required, Cloudwords),
Cloud Config(required, Cloudwords Configuration where URL and API key are added)
New Input fields on the advanced tab will be added as soon as you select ‘Cloudwords’ in Translation Provider selection and these fields will be different depending upon whether you have selected “Is Live copy Enabled?” checkbox in the Admin console configuration or not. (as mentioned in above OSGI Configuration point).
New Fields on Advanced Tab if Live copy is disabled:
- Multiple languages can be selected using the Target Language field.
New Fields on Advanced Tab if Live copy is enabled:
- Source Language Base path: The base path in the content repository where all the source pages lie. Ex: if the source language is en, base path can be /content/geometrixx/global/en.
- Target Language Base path: The base path in the content repository where all the pages for selected language in the Target language selection lie. Ex: if the target language is de(German), base path can be /content/geometrixx/france/de.
- Other Target languages: Click on “Add field” option to add more target languages. Each “Add field” click allow to add a target language and its base content path as above.
5) Click on ‘Create’ button present on top right corner and a dialog Box with Success/Error message should open. Now Click on ‘Done’
6) The new screen contains the project page with separate translation jobs created for each of the target language selected. The translation jobs in that particular folder are synced and adding/deleting content from any of the jobs will add/delete content to all.
7) Click on ellipses below any ’Translation Job’ widget or click on ’Translation Job’ hyperlink text. An interface to add pages to the project should open.
8) Click on ‘+Add’ button. This provides an option to add AEM Pages/Assets, any internationalization dictionaries used for content creation and even Tags. Any option can be selected as per the requirement.
for now, let’s say Pages need to be added in the project.
9) Select ‘Pages/Assets’ and content browser containing all the content present on AEM instance would open. The pages required for translation can be selected. In the case of Multiple target language project, always select pages from source language at the time of project creation.
10) Pages will be added to all the translation jobs synced with the current job. Click on ’Translation Job’ on the top, select the current project to go back to Project Details interface.
11) Click on the arrow besides ’Translation Job’ and then click on ’Start’. This will initiate the translation process.
If there is no error, then a success message on top should be shown and the Project Status (just below Translation Job) should change to ‘Committed for Translation’ from ‘Draft’. But in case of any error, an error message in red should appear on top of the screen and the Project Status should be ‘Draft’
Cloudwords Translation Process
1) Once the translation process has started from AEM end, one can login to Cloudwords. The project with same Title(as AEM’s project) and details like Description, Department and Due Date should be available on Cloudwords. Click 'Next to validate further details.
2) The pages which were added to the translation project should be present in Source materials of Cloudwords project. The source and target languages should also be pre filled with the same values which were selected during AEM’s project creation. Click on Next to wait for bids in case bidless option isn’t configured (this depends on how one’s Cloudwords account is configured, please contact Customer Success team for further details).
3) In case Bids are required to be selected, please select them.
4) Once the bid is selected, the translations are available for review depending on vendor selection (Project Status - In Review).
5) Click on Review to review the provided translations. The OneReview process is generally generated once the scheduler runs after defined time in configurations.
In order to generate the preview instantly, go to AEM’s project wizard and refresh the screen once. The translation job status should change to ‘Translation In Progress’. In case there are no exceptions, the preview should get generated in couple of minutes (depending on factors like network bandwidth, number of pages sent for translation and content present on the page).
In this step, a interim import of translations received from Cloudwords to AEM is undertaken. Versioning of the pages should be enabled, so that the content can be restored whenever required.
Click on Review button to review the received translations.
6) The translations can be Approved or Rejected as required.
7) Once the translations are approved in Cloudwords, the translated pages are imported into AEM and can be opened in AEM.