Cloudwords Connector provides an interface between Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) and Cloudwords products. The connector functionality enables adding the content required for translation from AEM. The content can be pages, assets, assets metadata, tags, tags metadata and i18n dictionaries. These all content are present under an AEM project. Connector enables sending the project containing source content into Cloudwords. As soon as user logs into Cloudwords account the project is already created and the source files are uploaded into the project. Once the entire vendor selection and bidding process is completed, the translations are available in Cloudwords for review. The translated files are then imported into AEM and are available for review at AEM side.
The scope of the document is to provide details on how to use Cloudwords Connector with AEM. This includes Project creation at AEM, adding pages to the created Project and sending it out for translation to Cloudwords.
- Cloudwords Account (Access to URL and API key)
- Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 installer
- Cloudwords Connector Package installed
- Cloudwords Connector Installation completed (Reference - Installation Guide)
- Page versioning feature should be enabled on AEM environment to restore the content whenever required
Using Project Creation Wizard to add source files for translation
The project creation wizard provides an interface to create projects and add the pages required for translation.
1) Sign in to AEM home page and navigate to Project Creation Wizard by accessing URL: http://<host>:<port>/projects.html
Click on Top Navigation -> Projects, the project management interface can be accessed.
2) Click on Create -> Create Project.
3) Select ‘Translation Project’ and Click on ’Next'
4) Project Creation Interface opens which consists of Basic and Advanced tabs. Values can be added in both the tabs here are the details:
Basic Tab - Title(required), Description(optional), Start Date(optional), Due Date(optional) [No need to add any users in Users option]
Advanced Tab - Name(required, automatically filled), Source Language(required), Target Language(required), Translation Method(required), Translation Method(required, value should be Human for Cloudwords), Translation Provider(required, Cloudwords), Cloud Config(required, Cloudwords Configuration where URL and API key are added)
5) Click on ‘Create’ button present on top right corner and a dialog Box with Success/Error message should open. Now Click on ‘Open’ to add pages to the view created project details and to have access to Translation Job widget to add pages which are required for translation.
6) Click on elipses below ’Translation Job’ widget or click on ’Translation Job’ hyperlink text. An interface to add pages to the project should open.
9) In case language copy of the ‘target language’ doesn’t exist, then a Warning Alert box opens. This one has option to either ‘Create Language Copy’ by clicking on the button or to replace the source language content with the translations by clicking on ‘Overwrite’ button.
Cloudwords Translation Process
1) Once the translation process has started from AEM end, one can login to Cloudwords. The project with same Title(as AEM’s project) and details like Description, Department and Due Date should be available on Cloudwords. Click on Next to validate further details.
2) The pages which were added to the translation project should be present in Source materials of Cloudwords project. The source and target languages should also be pre filled with the same values which were selected during AEM’s project creation. Click on Next to wait for bids in case bidless option isn’t configured (this depends on how one’s Cloudwords account is configured, please contact Customer Success team for further details).
3) In case Bids are required to be selected, please select them.
4) Once the bid is selected, the translations are available for review depending on vendor selection (Project Status - In Review).
5) Click on Review to review the provided translations. The OneReview process is generally generated once the scheduler runs after defined time in configurations.
In order to generate the preview instantly, go to AEM’s project wizard and refresh the screen once. The translation job status should change to ‘Translation In Progress’. In case there are no exceptions, the preview should get generated in couple of minutes (depending on factors like network bandwidth, number of pages sent for translation and content present on the page).
In this step, a fake import of translations received from Cloudwords to AEM is done. So versioning of the pages should be enabled, so that the content can be restored whenever required.
Click on Review button to review the received translations.
6) The translations can be Approved or Rejected as required.
7) Once the translations are approved in Cloudwords, the translated pages are imported into AEM and can be opened in AEM.